Tuesday, October 21, 2008

JUST FINISHING UP

Wow, my garden was great this year! I've harvested all the potatoes (both red and russet), all the carrots, beets, squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, corn, and tomatoes. The freezer is full, the storage room shelves are filled to overflowing with canned produce, and I still have a lot of fresh carrots, beets, squash, and potatoes waiting to be eaten through the winter months. Gardens are such a blessing to the soul! Wholesome food for the body, and yet nourishing to the spirit also. There is such joy in the harvest... seeing the results of all your hard work sitting on the shelves in sparkling jars. I've often thought a jar of newly canned peaches, pickles, or tomatoes is beautiful enough to paint. Autumn is the masterpiece of the garden, and now I can sit down and enjoy it. Hope you had a good summer and harvest this year!

No comments: