Wednesday, October 22, 2008

STRANGE WARNING...

With the upcoming elections I'm always on the lookout for what the candidates (and their running-mates) say and do that can possibly help me in my decision process. I found this talk by Joe Biden that has a "creepy" warning for all that hear it. I'm adding it here because I feel that if he is correct, will we need to be prepared and keep our frugal skills honed. Here it is:

October 20, 2008 7:35 AMABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions."Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy." "I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."Not only will the next administration have to deal with foreign affairs issues, Biden warned, but also with the current economic crisis. "Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

This isn't the talk in its entirety, but the part that I felt pertained to being prepared as an at-home-mom. We need to know how to budget and use the resources we have at our access. Get a few months food storage in if you haven't started doing that yet. Learn how to use it! If our candidates already know there is going to be trouble and have already made a plan about it, then we had better take it seriously. I'm not a doomsday prophet(ess), but I do know that "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." Check out www.lds.org and go to their provident living site if you want more information on using food storage and how to get it. I will also have more in the days ahead on using storage and different sources that I have found that are good bargains.
Oh, and by the way..... I'm NOT impressed with Joe Biden or Barack Obama as future leaders of our great country! I actually fear for this country if they are elected, and now my fears seem to have been well grounded. Enough of politics.... for now.

1 comment:

Happy Wanderers said...

I'm going to put this one up on my blog, too. It is weird and creepy. From all the websites I've seen this on, everyone else seems to think so, too!